Our library patrons now have anytime, anywhere access to a dynamic collection of digital audio and ebooks through the library service BRIDGES. BRIDGES is a collaboration of member Iowa libraries. With a valid Garner Public Library card, you can log onto the digital library website, install free software, check out and download popular and classic audio and ebooks to your PC or mobile device. New titles are added to the collection each month. You can check out up to three titles at a time, and at the end of the 7 or 14 day lending period, the books will expire and be automatically returned to the BRIDGES digital collection. The title will still appear on your device but will be inaccessible and can be deleted. With digital titles, there are no late fees or damage costs. The service is free, easy-to-use, and best of all, available anytime from anywhere in the world. Stop in the library for more information.
Freegal is a downloadable music service that offers hundreds of thousands of songs in a wide variety of genres. Library users may preview a song before downloading it to any MP3 compatible device. Card holders may download up to three songs per week at no charge and with no due dates. Click on the Freegal Music icon and enter your library card number and pin number to set up your Freegal account. Please contact the library for your pin number.
Gale offers 24/7 access to everyday research, car repair, health information, small business resources, K–12 homework help, readers’ advisory, gardening, history, home improvement, and more.
CHILTON ONLINE AUTO REPAIR MANUALS
Includes step-by-step instructions, pictures, and diagrams to help with vehicle maintenance and repair.
This wonderful resource offers over 80 languages to study. The interactive lessons make learning a new language both fun and effective. You can progress through them at your own pace and pick up each session where you left off. This is the same program used by the government, military and many other groups to instruct foreign languages.
LearningExpress Library is an interactive online learning platform featuring over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks related to job search and workplace skills improvement, career certification and licensing exam preparation, college entrance and graduate school admissions exam preparation, and basic skills improvement in reading, writing, and math, for all ages. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results.
The TumbleBookLibrary Premium Collection has 1000 titles, including 300 TumbleBooks, 250 Chapter Books, 100 non-fiction books, 16 Graphic Novels, and much more! Plus, there are hundreds of TumbleQuizzes and other Teacher Resources.
The TumbleBookLibrary Deluxe Collection has over 500 titles, including 300 TumbleBooks, 25 Chapter Books, 50 non-fiction books, and much more! Plus, there are hundreds of TumbleQuizzes and other Teacher Resources.
RBDigital for Libraries, the world's largest newsstand, offers full-color digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on desktops, mobile devices, and apps. Your library's collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits.
- Online reading: Instantly read all current and backlist magazines on desktop and mobile browsers.
- Mobile apps: Download and read magazines on 95% of today's mobile devices, including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDX.
- Backlist: Grow your collection and build a digital backlist for anytime checkout and reading.
- Easy browsing and checkout: Browse your library's collection by newest issue, keyword search, genre and language to find your favorites and to discover new reading interests.
- Two ways to read: Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser — or check out and download magazines through mobile apps.
- Helpful notifications: Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favorite magazines.
- No limit and permanent checkout: Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish.