Support the Library
The library is primarily funded by the City of Garner, and is governed by a Library Board of Trustees appointed by the Mayor. Hancock County also provides funding for service to rural residents. The Friends of the Garner Public Library and the Garner Public Library Foundation provide special support for the library.
Friends of the Library
Persons interested in being more involved in the library may join the Friends of the Garner Public Library. Friends provide volunteer and financial support for many library projects and programs, truly making a difference in the quality of service provided by the library. You may join this non-profit organization by printing a membership form and returning it to the library.
The Friends organization has recently supported the library in the following ways:
- Book Sale: Inventory includes fiction and nonfiction in paperback, hardcover and other various media. Donations of new and used books, audio and video items are accepted for sale.
- Geranium and Bake Sale fundraisers
- Sponsor the annual Duesey D'Arts art competition and show
- Sponsored presenters for the summer reading program
- Adopt-a-Book – Persons may Adopt-a-Book or audio-visual item by donating the cost of that item. This is a great way to honor a friend or family member for a birthday, anniversary or other special observance. Contact a staff member for title suggestions.
Garner Public Library Foundation
This nonprofit Foundation was established in 1986 to accept and manage gift monies for the library. Such private gifts enrich library services and collections. The Foundation encourages bequests and planned giving. Currently the Foundation is raising funds for the remodeling project scheduled for completion in October 2016. Contact us here for more information.